- Back to all Speakers
- Paola Perez Pena
Direct air capture (DAC) is one of few technology options to remove CO2 from the atmosphere and store it long term, and it has been identified as a critical technology to achieve global climate goals. However, this technology is still in early stages of development, and it will need to be scaled up to unprecedented levels to reach gigatons of CO2 removal capacity in the upcoming decade. What is the current landscape and 10 year pipeline for DAC projects? What role can governments play to accelerate DAC scale up? What further enablers does the industry need to scale up faster?
Carbon sequestration solutions will be a key piece of the decarbonization puzzle, being crucial to reduce emissions from the atmosphere and industrial clusters. However, as interest surges there is an increasing number of questions that need to be addressed, including
• What are the current carbon sequestration solutions available?
• What does the current market look like?
• What policies are currently in place in different markets?
• What are the opportunities and challenges ahead?
In this session, IHS Markit experts will address these questions and provide a high-level overview of the status of the market.
Our Clean Energy Technology team of experts will present the top 10 cleantech trends expected this year in technologies that reduce carbon emissions and confront climate change.
Trends covered in this session will include:
- Supply chain challenges, trade barriers, and geopolitics drive new solar PV manufacturing capacity closer to the end markets
- Wind technology innovation focuses on larger turbine outputs and new recyclable materials
- 2022 becomes a tipping point for Green Hydrogen, triggered by upcoming policy quotas
- CCUS gains traction as a decarbonization solution for a wider group of regions and industries
- Corporates accelerate their investments in renewable assets