- Back to all Speakers
- Chad Singleton
In this session, we’ll explore:
• The growing chasm between merchant power forwards and long-term PPA prices.
• Drivers behind diminishing capture factors, effective load carrying capabilities, and capacity performance.
• Potential forecasting risk and banding of forward revenue streams.
• Sustainable market, technological, and financial options for making clean assets whole.
• The long-term viability of RECs as a vehicle for sustained renewable investment.
Nuclear technologies are attracting a resurging interest as global net-zero targets reveal gaps in clean resource adequacy, necessitating development of a clean reservoir infrastructure. This panel will explore the pathways and hurdles for advanced nuclear to become the clean base-load option of choice in the next phase of the energy transition. What technological advances have been made since the build-out of the legacy fleet to accommodate heightened needs for resilience and flexibility? How does advanced nuclear stack up against peer technologies in the clean reservoir space such as batteries and hydrogen? Will we see head-to-head competition for market share or are there opportunities to harmonize?