- Back to all Speakers
- Andrei Utkin
Floating offshore wind is finally picking up steam and entering a commercial phase with the results of the first ever large-scale commercial auctions in France and the UK to be announced this year. In longer term the technology will become a new “game changer” with a significant capacity potential in markets with good wind resources across Europe, Asia Pacific, and the United States. However, the pace of global build-out will depend on the level of permitting activities and how quickly the sufficient dedicated supply chain will be built. This session will focus on the fundamentals of floating offshore wing technology, key drivers and inhibitors to its future growth, the competitive landscape, and high-level cost projections.
Our Clean Energy Technology team of experts will present the top 10 cleantech trends expected this year in technologies that reduce carbon emissions and confront climate change.
Trends covered in this session will include:
- Supply chain challenges, trade barriers, and geopolitics drive new solar PV manufacturing capacity closer to the end markets
- Wind technology innovation focuses on larger turbine outputs and new recyclable materials
- 2022 becomes a tipping point for Green Hydrogen, triggered by upcoming policy quotas
- CCUS gains traction as a decarbonization solution for a wider group of regions and industries
- Corporates accelerate their investments in renewable assets