US Secretary of Energy Jennifer Granholm to Address CERAWeek by IHS Markit in Houston, March 7-11
January 24, 2022
40th annual gathering of world’s preeminent energy conference will explore ‘Pace of Change: Energy, Climate and Innovation.’ Learn more at www.ceraweek.com
U.S. Secretary of Energy Jennifer Granholm will address delegates at the 40th annual CERAWeek by IHS Markit, to be held in-person March 7-11 in Houston.
Secretary Granholm will join the world’s energy industry leaders, experts, government officials and policymakers, as well as leaders from the technology, financial and industrial communities addressing this year’s conference. She delivered her inaugural energy address as U.S. Secretary of Energy last year at CERAWeek by IHS Markit 2021.
“We are pleased to once again welcome Secretary Granholm among the distinguished speakers at CERAWeek 2022,” said Daniel Yergin, conference chair and vice chairman of IHS Markit. “Her leadership role and perspective at the forefront of U.S. energy policy, and on the forces shaping the energy future will be an important contribution to the critical discussions taking place at this year’s conference and will be especially timely."
CERAWeek 2022: Pace of Change: Energy, Climate and Innovation will examine the challenges and opportunities of reducing emissions while supplying the needs of a growing global economy in the era of energy transition. The conference is returning to Houston for its 40th annual gathering after being hosted as an all-virtual event in 2021.
Produced by IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions, the CERAWeek 2022 conference program will explore key themes related to More Energy, Lower Emissions; Geopolitics and Energy Markets; Workforce of the Future; Competitive Landscape and the Energy Transition; Supply Chains; and Financing the Energy Future.
The conference will also feature the CERAWeek Innovation Agora, serving as the center of technology and innovation programming at the event. Featuring a community of thought leaders, technologists, start-ups, investors, academics, energy companies and government officials, the Innovation Agora will showcase transformational technology platforms in the energy space ranging from digitalization, AI, analytics and connectivity, robotics, blockchain, additive manufacturing, mobility and decarbonization. Newly added for 2022 will be dedicated “Agora Hubs” focused on hydrogen and carbon management.
Speakers will include (partial list):
- Vicki Hollub – CEO, Occidental
- Amin Nasser – president and CEO, Saudi Aramco
- Bernard Looney – CEO, bp
- Patti Poppe – CEO, PG&E Corporation
- Pedro Pizarro – president and CEO, Edison International
- Ben van Beurden – CEO, Royal Dutch Shell
- Patrick Pouyanné – chairman of the board and CEO, TotalEnergies
- Jim Fitterling – chairman and CEO, Dow
- H.E. Mohammad Sanusi Barkindo – secretary general, OPEC
- Ignacio Galán – chairman and CEO, Iberdrola, S.A.
- Shrikant Madhav Vaidya – chairman, IndianOil
- Maria Pope – president and CEO, Portland General Electric
- Ryan Lance – chairman and CEO, ConocoPhillips
- H.E. Dr. Sultan Ahmed Al Jaber – minister of industry and advanced technology; special envoy for climate change and chairman of Masdar, United Arab Emirates; Group CEO, Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC)
- Dr. Fatih Birol – executive director, International Energy Agency
- Josu Jon Imaz – CEO, Repsol
- Jill Evanko – CEO and president, Chart Industries
- Hon. Richard Glick – chairman, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC)
- Miranda Ballentine – CEO, Renewable Energy Buyers Alliance (REBA)
- Ernie Thrasher – CEO and chief marketing officer, Xcoal Energy and Resources
- Øyvind Eriksen – president and CEO, Aker ASA
- Peter Terwiesch – president, process automation and member of group executive committee, ABB
- Jean-Pascal Tricoire – chairman and CEO, Schneider Electric
- RJ Scaringe – CEO, Rivian
- Barbara Burger – vice president, innovation, Chevron; president, Chevron Technology Ventures
- Carri Lockhard – executive vice president, technology, digital and innovation, Equinor
- Christian Bruch – president and CEO, Siemens Energy
- Sunita Narain – director general, Center for Science and Environment
- Amos Hochstein – senior advisor for energy security, U.S. Department of State
- Dan Brouillette – president, Sempra Infrastructure
- Emma Delaney – executive vice president, customers and products, bp
- Daniel Poneman – president and CEO, Centrus Energy
- Scott Sheffield – CEO, Pioneer Natural Resources
- Hon. Sonya Savage – minister of energy, Alberta, Canada
- Mark Little – president and CEO, Suncor
- Felipe Bayón – CEO, Ecopetrol S.A.
- Dawn Summers – member of the executive board and COO, region EMEA, Wintershall Dea AG
- Mark Nelson – executive vice president, downstream and chemicals, Chevron
Visit www.ceraweek.com for a complete list of speakers and the most up-to-date program information (subject to change).
CERAWeek by IHS Markit 2022 will be held March 7-11 at the Hilton Americas—Houston. Further information and delegate registration is available at www.ceraweek.com.
Media registration is now open. Members of the media interested in covering CERAWeek 2022 are required to apply for accreditation. Applications can be submitted via the following link: https://ceraweek.com/about/press.html