CERAWeek by IHS Markit 2022 to Convene Energy CEOs, Government Officials, and Business and Technology Leaders in Houston, March 7-11
(December 22, 2021)
-40th annual installment of world’s preeminent energy conference will explore ‘Pace of Change: Energy, Climate and Innovation.’ Learn more at www.ceraweek.com
– The 40th annual gathering of CERAWeek by IHS Markit—the world’s preeminent energy conference—will convene the world’s energy industry leaders, experts, government officials and policymakers, as well as leaders from the technology, financial and industrial communities in-person, March 7-11 in Houston.
CERAWeek 2022: Pace of Change: Energy, Climate and Innovation will examine the challenges and opportunities of reducing emissions while supplying the needs of a growing global economy in the era of energy transition. Chaired by Daniel Yergin, vice chairman of IHS Markit and author of The New Map: Energy, Climate and the Clash of Nations, the conference is returning to Houston after being hosted as an all-virtual event in 2021.
“We are pleased to be returning to Houston in 2022 for the 40th annual CERAWeek by IHS Markit,” said Yergin. “Houston is the energy capital of the world and we are honored to have it as the home of CERAWeek these past several decades. At a time of profound change in the energy world, there is no more-fitting place for the critical dialogues that will take place at this year’s conference.
“The inherent challenges of the energy transition—and the rapid transformation to the basis of the world’s $86 trillion economy that it entails—are as profound as they are vast,” Yergin added. “Recent energy crises and market volatility illustrate the importance of balance between reducing emissions and ensuring stable and reliable energy flows that the growing global economy needs. It is a challenge made more complex at a time of strained supply chains and heightened geopolitical tensions. Meeting the demands of the energy future will require new strategies, intelligent investment and plenty of innovation. These are among the important issues that the world’s energy leaders will address in Houston at CERAWeek 2022.”
Produced by IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions, the CERAWeek 2022 conference program will explore key themes related to More Energy, Less Emissions; Geopolitics and Energy Markets; Workforce of the Future; Competitive Landscape and the Energy Transition; Supply Chains; and Financing the Energy Future.
The conference will also feature the CERAWeek Innovation Agora, serving as the center of technology and innovation programming at the event. Featuring a community of thought leaders, technologists, start-ups, investors, academics, energy companies and government officials, the Innovation Agora will showcase transformational technology platforms in the energy space ranging from digitalization, AI, analytics and connectivity, robotics, blockchain, additive manufacturing, mobility and decarbonization. Newly added for 2022 will be dedicated “Agora Hubs” focused on hydrogen and carbon management.
CERAWeek 2022 speakers will include (partial list):
- Amin Nasser – president and CEO, Saudi Aramco
- Bernard Looney – CEO, bp
- Patti Poppe – CEO, PG&E Corporation
- Pedro Pizarro – president and CEO, Edison International
- Ben van Beurden – CEO, Royal Dutch Shell
- Patrick Pouyanné – chairman of the board and CEO, TotalEnergies
- Vicki Hollub – CEO, Occidental
- Jim Fitterling – chairman and CEO, Dow
- H.E. Mohammad Sanusi Barkindo – secretary general, OPEC
- Ignacio Galán – chairman and CEO, Iberdrola, S.A.
- Shrikant Madhav Vaidya – chairman, IndianOil
- Maria Pope – president and CEO, Portland General Electric
- Ryan Lance – chairman and CEO, ConocoPhillips
- H.E. Dr. Sultan Ahmed Al Jaber – minister of industry and advanced technology; special envoy for climate change and chairman of Masdar, United Arab Emirates; Group CEO, Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC)
- Dr. Fatih Birol – executive director, International Energy Agency
- Josu Jon Imaz – CEO, Repsol
- Jill Evanko – CEO and president, Chart Industries
- Miranda Ballentine – CEO, Renewable Energy Buyers Alliance (REBA)
- Ernie Thrasher – CEO and chief marketing officer, Xcoal Energy and Resources
- Øyvind Eriksen – president and CEO, Aker ASA
- Peter Terwiesch – president, process automation and member of group executive committee, ABB
- Jean-Pascal Tricoire – chairman and CEO, Schneider Electric
- RJ Scaringe – CEO, Rivian
- Barbara Burger – vice president, innovation, Chevron; president, Chevron Technology Ventures
- Carri Lockhard – executive vice president, technology, digital and innovation, Equinor
- Christian Bruch – president and CEO, Siemens Energy
- Sunita Narain – director general, Center for Science and Environment
- Amos Hochstein – senior advisor for energy security, U.S. Department of State
- Dan Brouillette – president, Sempra Infrastructure
- Emma Delaney – executive vice president, customers and products, bp
- Daniel Poneman – president and CEO, Centrus Energy
- Scott Sheffield – CEO, Pioneer Natural Resources
- Hon. Sonya Savage – minister of energy, Alberta, Canada
- Mark Little – president and CEO, Suncor
- Felipe Bayón – CEO, Ecopetrol S.A.
- Dawn Summers – member of the executive board and COO, region EMEA, Wintershall Dea AG
- Hon. Richard Glick – chairman, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC)
Visit www.ceraweek.com for a complete list of speakers and the most up-to-date program information (subject to change).
CERAWeek by IHS Markit 2022 will be held March 7-11 at the Hilton Americas—Houston. Further information and delegate registration is available at www.ceraweek.com.
Media registration is now open. Members of the media interested in covering CERAWeek 2022 are required to apply for accreditation. Applications can be submitted via the following link: https://ceraweek.com/about/press.html